Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate and capable transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) technician to create a supportive TMS treatment experience for our patients. In this role, you will be responsible for scheduling appointments, administering TMS treatments as prescribed, and assisting patients to complete psychiatric rating scales after sessions.
To ensure success, transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) technicians should possess experience in healthcare administration and detailed knowledge of TMS treatment. First-class candidates exhibit a patient-centered approach and excellent interpersonal skills.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Technician Responsibilities:
- Scheduling TMS treatment appointments and verifying medical insurance authorizations.
- Administering TMS treatments according to protocols provided by mental healthcare professionals.
- Enabling effective treatment by accurately positioning the TMS equipment's electromagnetic coil.
- Ensuring head and neck support in order for patients to remain completely still during sessions.
- Explaining TMS procedures and its possible effects on patients, as well as answering questions.
- Creating a supportive treatment environment and demonstrating compassion.
- Assisting patients to complete psychiatric rating scales after sessions.
- Recording session notes and collaborating with certified TMS psychiatrists on patient care.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Technician Requirements:
- A bachelor's or associate degree in healthcare administration, or similar.
- Successful completion of TMS certification based on initial training provided.
- Experience working with patients suffering from anxiety and depression preferred.
- Demonstrable proficiency in electronic health recordkeeping software, such as AdvancedMD and NextGen.
- Willingness to learn how to administer TMS treatments and assume high-level responsibility.
- Ability to work under supervision and collaborate with mental healthcare professionals.
- Advanced ability to ensure patient safety and comfort, as well as answering questions.
- Proficiency in taking session notes and assisting patients to complete psychiatric rating scales.
- Exceptional communication, as well as interpersonal skills to guide and reassure patients.