Training Officers induct new members of staff by providing them with the requisite preparation and teaching upon their appointments. Training Officers also identify and close gaps in existing staff members' skills through instruction.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Training Officer Job Description Template
We are searching for a dutiful Training Officer to fulfill the educational requirements of new and existing staff. The Training Officer should administer needs assessments, gauge skills shortages, and then address these through tailored training programs. You should also ensure the effectiveness of your instruction by monitoring performance post-intervention.
To ensure success as a Training Officer, you should be non-judgmental and supportive of staff's willingness to develop their skills. Ultimately, a top-notch Training Officer will grasp that staff may not always be forthcoming in disclosing their difficulties, and will navigate this roadblock successfully.
Training Officer Responsibilities:
- Liaising with existing staff to clarify job descriptions and related expectations.
- Studying and contributing to the operations and climate of our company.
- Drafting instructional manuals, onboarding materials, and other relevant documentation.
- Administering regular, detailed needs assessments to identify skills deficits.
- Orienting new hires to their function within the grand scheme, as well as established company norms.
- Addressing skills deficits through tailored in-house training.
- Coordinating external training as the need arises.
- Monitoring staffs' performance by liaising with line managers and department heads.
- Availing yourself as a sounding board for all employees with the explicit aim of improving their orientation and training.
- Upholding confidentiality, unless legally mandated to do otherwise.
Training Officer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with an appropriate Business Science major is preferred.
- Qualification in Instruction and/or Learning Design is advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience as a Training Officer.
- Proven track record of boosting company growth through training.
- Knowledge of all relevant performance tracking software and indices.
- Thorough understanding of contemporary HR and business procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to conduct thorough needs assessments to gauge training needs.
- Strong desktop and in-person research, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Energetic, determined, and highly capable disposition.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources