Training Manager Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a training manager with outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. A training manager is expected to be a strategic thinker with fantastic organizational and time management skills. You will have excellent research skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, training managers should understand the business operation and decision-making processes with a keen interest in producing targeted and tangible results by creating an effective and efficient workforce. Top candidates will be innovative, strong decision-makers and outstanding facilitators of learning and change.
Training Manager Responsibilities:
- Identify and assess the training needs of the organization through job analysis, career paths and consultation with managers.
- Develop individualized and group training programs that address specific business needs.
- Develop training manuals that target tangible results.
- Implement effective and purposeful training methods.
- Effectively manage the training budget.
- Evaluate organizational performance to ensure that training is meeting business needs and improving performance.
- Assess employees’ skills, performance and productivity to identify areas of improvement.
- Drive brand values and philosophy through all training and development activities.
- Effectively communicate with team members, trainers and management.
- Create a curriculum to facilitate strategic training based on the organizations goals.
- Select and manage resources, including working with both internal employees and training vendors to develop and deliver training.
- Manage the technologies and technical personnel required to develop, manage and deliver training.
- Keep abreast of training trends, developments and best practices.
Training Manager Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in human resources or a related field (essential).
- A minimum of 2 years experience in training and development management (essential).
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Superb track record in developing and executing successful training programs.
- Critical thinker with innovative problem solving skills.
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Familiar with traditional and modern training processes.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.