Trainee Engineers are new graduates who have joined a company to gain practical experience. Trainee Engineers work under the guidance of a Manager or Supervisor, fulfilling various tasks ranging from assisting staff with new projects, offering suggestions on existing methods, conducting research, writing reports, and managing data.
Trainee Engineer Job Description Template
We are searching for a well-organized graduate to join our team as the new Trainee Engineer. The Trainee Engineer's responsibilities include attending meetings, conducting desktop and field research, performing all practical and administrative duties assigned by the Supervisor, traveling to other sites when required, assisting on projects, offering suggestions for improvement, and writing up reports. You should be able to work in a team and be prepared to step outside of your comfort zone.
To be successful as a Trainee Engineer, you should always be expanding your engineering knowledge and sharpening your communication skills. Outstanding candidates learn from their mentors, but also feel confident sharing their own ideas with the team.
Trainee Engineer Responsibilities:
- Completing all tasks set by the Supervisor and assisting wherever possible.
- Observing existing strategies and techniques and offering suggestions for improvement.
- Conducting research and collating data.
- Traveling to different sites and gaining practical experience in new work zones.
- Working closely with staff to foster professional values and build good relationships.
- Observing health and safety guidelines at all times.
- Attending meetings and workshops.
- Submitting to all forms of evaluation during the traineeship.
- Compiling reports and delivering presentations to staff members and other stakeholders.
Trainee Engineer Requirements:
- Relevant degree in Engineering.
- Experience in a technical field would be advantageous.
- A driver's license may be required.
- Proficiency in Mathematics.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good observation skills and a willingness to learn.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources