Interview Questions for Trainee Engineers:
1. Can you describe a time when you used logical thinking skills to solve a problem?
Tests logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
2. How would you go about conducting research for an upcoming project?
Tests organizational, research, and time management skills.
3. How do you stay current with the latest engineering developments?
Tests commitment to growth and learning.
4. Can you tell me about the most challenging report you had to write?
Reveals more about the candidate's strengths and weaknesses, and also tests his or her report writing skills.
5. How would this traineeship help you to attain your career goals?
Reveals the candidate's long term goals and his or her level of commitment.