Trade Show Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for an engaging trade show coordinator to set up and manage trade shows for a variety of industries. In this role, you will help conceptualize ideas for trade events, liaise with vendors and guests, and oversee the trade show operations. You will also be required to oversee the marketing campaigns and strategies for exhibitions.
To ensure success as a trade show coordinator, you should possess excellent project management skills and have good marketing and communications experience. A top-notch trade show coordinator has the versatility to organize shows for many different industries and the ability to problem-solve under pressure.
Trade Show Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the marketing team and organizers to define the strategy and event requirements.
- Researching and presenting concepts and ideas to the organizers and sponsors for feedback.
- Preparing, presenting, and managing budgets and negotiating contracts.
- Securing the venue, planning the layout, and liaising with vendors to determine their booth requirements.
- Managing the booking and registration of vendors, sponsors, and guests.
- Arranging travel and accommodation logistics, administration, and bookings.
- Promoting the show through marketing channels such as social media, emailers, and advertising campaigns.
- Coordinating the logistical requirements such as security, equipment rentals, and catering services.
- Running the floor to ensure the event operates smoothly.
- Ensuring that all health and safety standards are adhered to during the event.
Trade Show Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in project management, marketing, communications, or similar.
- A minimum of three years' experience as a trade show coordinator or similar.
- Good computer skills with programs such as MS Powerpoint, Excel, and MailChimp.
- Excellent financial management abilities.
- Highly charismatic and engaging.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to perform under pressure.
- Willingness to work long hours and on weekends and public holidays.