Venue managers are in charge of managing a variety of locations including hotels, theatres, and outdoor spaces. They handle the venue bookings, supervise all operations, and ensure that the location is safe and equiped for hosting events. They are also responsible for managing the ground and property maintenance and supervising all staff members.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Venue Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized venue manager to handle the operations, maintenance, and bookings for our venue. In this role, you will be required to create venue pricing packages, secure bookings, liaise with event managers and clients, and coordinate the logistics of events. You will also be required to manage the maintenance of the venue.
To be a successful venue manager, you should demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities and strong leadership skills. Ultimately, top-notch venue managers are able to anticipate all logistics and requirements for events and show exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills and ensure the venue generates profit for the company.
Venue Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing all maintenance and repairs of the venue grounds, property, equipment, and facilities.
- Ensuring that the venue and facilities are clean and organized.
- Managing all bookings for events and liaising with the clients to determine event requirements.
- Preparing venue hire packages and pricing options and negotiating with clients.
- Supervising all staff including groundsmen, event staff, and maintenance personal.
- Scheduling and coordinating the rental of sound equipment, furniture, and other venue equipment.
- Liaising with catering services and supervising their requirements and logistics.
- Promoting the location and events through a variety of marketing channels such as social media.
- Supervising the operations of events and tending to any incidents or queries.
- Managing all administrative tasks such as insurance, booking schedules, and invoicing.
- Communicating and enforcing all security regulations and protocols.
Venue Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in events management, hospitality, or similar preferred.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a venue or event manager preferred.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Excellent promotional ability and knowledge of marketing channels and techniques.
- Sound knowledge of safety measures and risk management strategies.
- Great interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and leadership abilities.
- Willingness to work long hours and on weekends and holidays.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources