Trade show coordinators conceptualize, plan, and execute marketing showcase events for a variety of industries. They organize the shows, negotiate with participants and sponsors, and coordinate the travel and accommodation logistics for the event. They are also responsible for managing event budgets and marketing campaigns.
When interviewing trade show coordinators, strong candidates will be highly organized, charismatic, and possess excellent communication skills. Be wary of candidates who lack strong multitasking or marketing abilities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Trade Show Coordinators
1. What types of shows have you managed in your previous job?
Assesses the candidate's work experience and versatility.
2. What do you look for when securing a venue for a trade show?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge and analytical thinking abilities.
3. What marketing channels would you use to promote a tech trade show?
Evaluates the candidate's marketing and communication skills.
4. What was the most challenging exhibition that you coordinated?
Examines more of the candidate's experience potential strengths and weaknesses.
5. How do monitor your budget and expenses when hosting an event?
Explores the candidate's organizational and financial skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources