Therapeutic Support Staff issue hands-on aid to clients, most of whom are minors exhibiting socio-emotional or cognitive impairments. Though their duties may vary, Therapeutic Support Staff typically seek to bolster the academic, behavioral, and emotional features of individual functioning.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Therapeutic Support Staff Job Description Template
We are looking for committed Therapeutic Support Staff to promote our clients' functioning. Therapeutic Support Staff aid in the design of bespoke treatment protocols and then execute the strategies identified therein, as needed. You should also tweak these formulations as you work to sustain your bonds with our clients.
To ensure success as Therapeutic Support Staff, you should demonstrate responsive flexibility and steadfast calmness. Ultimately, superb Therapeutic Support Staff will remain cognizant of oft-imperceivable environmental irritants, which they will remove or adapt as is fitting.
Therapeutic Support Staff Responsibilities:
- Developing trusting connections with clients that foreground respect.
- Co-developing bespoke, evidence-based intervention strategies alongside vested parties.
- Tailoring these custom-made regimens if required.
- Creating structured and emotionally supportive environments in accordance with treatment plans.
- Facilitating the adaptive modification of unsuitable behaviors.
- Eliminating or cushioning the effects of disruptive sensory stimuli.
- Collaborating with our clients' families, instructors, and consulting Clinicians, where needed.
- Crafting individualized progress reports to share pertinent data with stakeholders.
- Promoting individual and familial self-sufficiency.
- Preserving our clients' safety and independence.
Therapeutic Support Staff Requirements:
- Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a suitable equivalent.
- Psychotherapeutic training is suggested.
- Receipt of Applied Behavior Analysis training is highly advantageous.
- First Aid certification is preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Decisiveness, flexibility, and collaboration.
- Consideration for sensory difficulties.
- An easy-going disposition, particularly during volatile situations.
- Occasional after-hours availability.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources