Tennis Coaches provide training to students who wish to learn how to play tennis, improve their tennis skills, or compete in tennis tournaments. They coordinate individual and group tennis lessons, develop training programs based on students' tennis skills, and evaluate students’ performance.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Tennis Coach Job Description Template
We are looking to employ an energetic and passionate Tennis Coach to provide tennis lessons to students of varying ages and skillsets. The Tennis Coach’s responsibilities include evaluating students' performance, ensuring that all tennis equipment is in good working order, and educating students on tennis game strategies and good sportsmanship. You should also maintain a professional appearance at all times.
To be successful as a Tennis Coach, you should be knowledgeable of different coaching methods and able to perform first aid as needed. Ultimately, an outstanding Tennis Coach should be able to motivate students as well as demonstrate exceptional communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
Tennis Coach Responsibilities:
- Assisting students in developing and improving various tennis skills.
- Assessing students' tennis skills to determine areas in need of improvement.
- Coordinating and conducting individual and group tennis lessons.
- Developing suitable training programs for students based on their age, objectives, and individual skillsets.
- Developing innovative ways to assist beginner or younger students in learning and remembering the rules of the game.
- Identifying the learning styles that work best for each student and adapting all coaching methods accordingly.
- Providing a secure and productive learning environment for students.
- Scheduling meetings with students' parents or guardians to discuss their progress.
- Attending students' tennis matches, competitions, and tournaments as required.
Tennis Coach Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Sports Management, or a related field is preferred.
- Proven experience working as a Tennis Coach or Instructor.
- Sound knowledge of various coaching techniques.
- CPR and first aid certifications.
- Certification through the United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA) or Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) is advantageous.
- The ability to motivate students.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- A passion for tennis.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources