Football Coaches coordinate, instruct, motivate and organize football teams. Depending on experience, qualifications, and interests, they may work with children, adults, non-professionals or professional players. Football Coaches train, determine game plans and tactics, and inspire players.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Football Coach Job Description Template
We are searching for a seasoned Football Coach to train our brilliant team. The Football Coach’s responsibilities include leading training sessions, providing motivation and advice during gameplay, developing game plans, attending tryouts, as well as scheduling team meetings. You should be able to identify the individual abilities of each player and provide one-to-one coaching wherever required.
To be successful as a Football Coach, you should demonstrate great love for the game of Football, and be able to foster good sportsmanship in your players. Outstanding candidates are highly motivated, committed, disciplined, and patient.
Football Coach Responsibilities:
- Conducting research and analyzing previous games to develop game plans, tactics, techniques, formations, and strategies.
- Organizing and scheduling tryouts and shortlisting potential players.
- Determining individual player abilities, strengths, and weaknesses, and factoring these into the gameplay and strategy sessions.
- Ensuring the football field is available for practice sessions and that players show up on time.
- Establishing rules and regulations and ensuring players are familiar with them.
- Organizing team building sessions and activities off the field.
- Fostering good sportsmanship in all team players, resolving disputes, and addressing bad behavior in a timely manner.
- Identifying exceptional players who might be scouted for scholarships and to play in professional leagues.
- Ensuring all sports equipment is available and in working order.
- Encouraging players to engage in other recreational sports and to live a healthy life with a balanced diet.
Football Coach Requirements:
- Degree in Sports Science, Sports Medicine, Nutrition, Kinesiology or similar may be required.
- Experience in sports coaching recommended.
- Passion for football and in-depth knowledge of the game.
- Strong management, organizational, motivational, and strategizing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Disciplined self-starter with a positive attitude.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources