Technical Leads take charge of technical teams. While their duties vary depending on the industry, they typically ensure the smooth functioning of technical operations, monitor and evaluate staff progress, assist with training and recruitment, set goals, and ensure overall client satisfaction. They generally work with software or engineering teams.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Technical Lead Job Description Template
We are searching for an innovative Technical Lead to join our company. As the Technical Lead, you will oversee the company’s technical team and all projects they undertake, analyze briefs, write progress reports, identify risks, and develop work schedules. You should be able to work with your team and inspire them to reach their goals.
To be successful as a Technical Lead, you should always be expanding your industry knowledge and be able to quickly identify problems. Outstanding Technical Leads are accountable, trustworthy, and able to build lasting relationships with their teams.
Technical Lead Responsibilities:
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team.
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard.
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
- Updating work schedules and performing troubleshooting as required.
- Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns.
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
Technical Lead Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Relevant Management certification may be required.
- Experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities.
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staff and clients.
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources