Technical Assistants are junior-level administrative employees who report directly to the company manager or team leader. Their role is to provide both administrative and technical support for business clients or the internal team. Technical Assistants work in a variety of fields including healthcare, computer science, manufacturing, and banking.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Technical Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Assistant to support our team with administrative and technical tasks. As a Technical Assistant, you will be required to perform basic administrative tasks including filing, composing emails, printing documents, scheduling meetings, answering phones, and creating reports. You will also be required to provide basic technical assistance such as the setting up and cleaning of equipment, setting parameters, checking doses, and overseeing processes.
To ensure success as a Technical Assistant, you should have high-level administrative skills, technical training, and the ability to work in a high-pressure environment. Ultimately, a top-class Technical Assistant provides valuable and reliable support in and out of the office.
Technical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Answering telephones and taking messages.
- Printing and filing documents.
- Composing emails.
- Typing up reports for the company manager.
- Scheduling meetings.
- Organizing company travel arrangements.
- Providing technical assistance with equipment operation.
- Cleaning of technical equipment.
- Setting equipment parameters.
Technical Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Relevant technical certificate.
- Proficiency with basic computer programs including MS Office and database systems.
- Working knowledge of email systems, computer hardware, and peripherals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under strict supervision.
- Ability to read and interpret technical data.
- Good time-management skills.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources