Technical Assistants support the company manager with technical and administrative tasks. They are required to perform basic admirative tasks such as sending emails, scheduling meetings, and printing documents. On the technical side they assist with equipment operation, cleaning, and maintenance.
When interviewing Technical Assistants, the ideal candidate will display excellent time-management skills, the ability to work under strict supervision, and show advanced technical knowledge of computer systems and equipment. Be wary of candidates who cannot multitask and those who display poor technical skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Technical Assistants:
1. What techniques would you use to manage your time when completing administrative tasks?
Reveals the candidate’s time-management skills and use of basic administrative systems.
2. What computer systems and software are you most familiar with?
Highlights areas of expertise and reveals gaps in knowledge.
3. What personality traits do you think a Technical Assistant needs to be successful?
Reveals the character and personality of the candidate.
4. How would you deal with a major equipment malfunction during the system setup?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to problem solve complex technical issues.
5. What do you think is the most important function of a Technical Assistant?
Indicates an understanding of the position and what is expected from the candidate.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources