Technical Trainers develop curriculums that are designed to promote computer literacy within companies. Technical Trainers often devise such programs based on the existing skill sets and duties of employees.
Technical Trainer Job Description Template
We are looking for a practical Technical Trainer to address our employees' computer training requirements. The Technical Trainer should elucidate existing skills gaps, formulate appropriate programs, and then assume a hands-on role in training. You should also conduct post-intervention check-ins to establish the utility of your programs.
To be successful as a Technical Trainer, you should be able to engage individuals who are anxious about or disinterested in their use of computers. A remarkable Technical Trainer will grasp the importance of self-evaluation in this role.
Technical Trainer Responsibilities:
- Identifying the role of computers in employees' day-to-day work.
- Formulating and distributing skills alignment tests to establish a baseline for each employee.
- Detecting common skills shortages and creating a training plan to address these.
- Preparing requisite manuals and handouts ahead of training sessions.
- Conducting training to promote employees' computer skills.
- Hosting individual consultations to encourage the consolidation of material.
- Recording attendance at and engagement in classes.
- Conducting follow-up assessments to confirm whether employees' computer skills have improved.
- Reporting on the programs' utility and motivating for the purchase of specific resources, if needed.
Technical Trainer Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Qualification in a computer-related training program.
- Certificate in Instructional Design or equivalent is suggested.
- Experience as a Technical Trainer, Corporate Trainer, or similar.
- Driver's license to allow travel to various training sites.
- Top-notch administrative, research, and troubleshooting skills.
- Outstanding analytical, planning, and assessment abilities.
- Ability to host fun and accessible training workshops.
- Knack for detecting and removing barriers to learning.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources