Interview Questions for Technical Designers:
1. What challenges do you foresee working as part of a remote design team?
Reveals the candidate’s knowledge of and experience with remote work.
2. Can you describe your experience working with design-related software?
Demonstrates the candidate's level of experience and exposure to the relevant software.
3. Describe a time when you fixed a design problem. What happened?
Tests the candidate's analytical skills, design knowledge, and ability to learn from past experiences.
4. After inspecting a prototype, you realize the product will need a complete redesign. How do you proceed?
Demonstrates the candidate's ability to make tough decisions and to communicate with key stakeholders.
5. Can you explain how you would go about developing quality control standards?
Tests the candidate's planning and organization skills.