Supply Planners, also known as Supply Chain Planners, form a key part of the logistics department of a company. Their job is to anticipate and maintain stock levels to ensure the business runs smoothly. They perform routine stock inspections, anticipate market changes, and ensure inventory levels are financially feasible.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Supply Planner Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly analytical and experienced Supply Planner to join our logistics team. As a Supply Planner, you will be working directly under the Supply Chain Manager where you will keep track of inventory, anticipate demand, and suggest purchases to ensure production continuity.
To be successful as a Supply Planner, you should be able to identify and anticipate market trends and suggest purchases to maintain suitable stock levels. Ultimately, a top-notch Supply Planner should be able to ensure that there is sufficient inventory for business functions without overcapitalizing on stock that isn't generating income.
Supply Planner Responsibilities:
- Assessing the financial structure and inventory storage capabilities of the business.
- Counting and tracking inventory across multiple locations.
- Anticipating stock demands based on current and future business functions.
- Analyzing and anticipating market trends for the best time to purchase inventory.
- Creating inventory reports and presenting suggestions to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Ensuring the business has a steady flow of stock without overcapitalizing on materials.
- Suggesting changes to inventory warehousing to meet increased or reduced demand.
Supply Planner Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Logistics, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience working in logistics or supply chain management.
- Detailed knowledge of logistics and inventory management.
- Advanced mathematical and analytical skills.
- Experience with statistical analysis.
- Ability to identify and anticipate stock prices based on market trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write and present detailed inventory reports.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources