Also known as Retail Store Managers, Store Supervisors are responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a retail store, including product availability and pricing. Other duties entail managing the staff and customer services, and controlling finances. They may also train new employees and schedule shifts.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Store Supervisor Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Store Supervisor to manage our retail store. In this role, your duties will include overseeing employees and finances, and controlling the quality of products and services. You may also be required to evaluate the job performance of retail staff.
To ensure success as a Store Supervisor, you should exhibit demonstrable managerial competency, and excellent communication skills. Store Supervisors are natural leaders with excellent business management skills and a passion for customer service.
Store Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Overseeing salespeople, cashiers, shelf stockers, and other employees.
- Managing finances and preparing an annual budget.
- Keeping records of expenditure, sales figures, and employee performance.
- Evaluating the supply and availability of stocks, and profit-margins.
- Implementing measures to avoid stock damages, theft, and wastage.
- Monitoring shelve stocks and product displays, and the general appearance of the store.
- Investigating market trends and offering products that would appeal to customers.
- Addressing customers' requests, comments, and complaints.
- Motivating employees to achieve targets.
- Training new staff members and scheduling shifts.
Store Supervisor Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Busines Administration, Financial Management, or equivalent qualification preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in a supervisory capacity at a retail store, or similar.
- Extensive experience with preparing budgets, and financial and expense reports.
- In-depth knowledge of product and consumer trends, and marketing strategies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in dealing with employees and customers.
- Competency in retail management software, such as AIM and NetSuite.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with applicable labor laws, and retail health and safety standards.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources