Statistical analysts assist organizations with decision making by collecting, analyzing, and presenting data. They may work in a variety of files and use their mathematical skills to understand data trends before presenting their reports to business managers and stakeholders.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Statistical Analyst Job Description Template
We are seeking a talented and hardworking statistical analyst to join our consultancy firm. As a statistical analyst, you will be consulting with clients on their data analysis needs, analyzing data using statistical modeling, and presenting your findings to relevant stakeholders.
To to be successful as a statistical analyst, you should have excellent mathematical skills, experience with data analytics, and the ability to spot data trends. Ultimately, a top-rated statistical analyst is able to extract accurate and meaningful data that can be used to make important business decisions.
Statistical Analyst Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss their data analysis needs.
- Developing and implementing data collecting strategies.
- Extracting and organizing raw data.
- Setting parameters to disqualify non-usable data.
- Analyzing and interpreting data using statistical modeling software.
- Creating spreadsheets and data analysis reports.
- Presenting reports to business development managers and stakeholders.
- Assisting with the interpretation and use of extracted data.
- Evaluating the success of business decisions based on data trends.
- Staying up to date with the latest trends and technologies for data extraction and analysis.
Statistical Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, or similar.
- 5+ years' experience as a statistical analyst.
- In-depth knowlege of statistical data modeling software.
- Ability to spot data trends.
- Knowlege of data mining and scrubbing.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Experience with data visualization tools.
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources