Statistical analysts collect, analyze, and interpret data for decision-making purposes. They use statistical data modeling software to create a complete picture of business processes and provide mathematical models that are used for strategic decision making.
When interviewing statistical analysts, suitable candidates will have a natural talent for spotting data trends, and extensive experience with data mining. Avoid candidates with limited mathematical skills, and those who are not familiar with data visualization tools.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Statistical Analysts:
1. What skills and qualities make you a great statistical analyst?
Demonstrates the candidate's understanding of the role and highlights key skills.
2. What statistical modeling software do you recommend? Why?
Highlights the candidate's knowlege and use of data modeling software.
3. How do you ensure that your data reports are accurate and relevant to the business?
Demonstrates the methods used to verify the accuracy and importance of collected data.
4. In your experience, what is the best way to collate raw data?
Reveals experience with data mining and collation techniques.
5. Can you tell me about a time when your data reports resulted in effective business decisions?
Reveals industry experience and gives the candidate the opportunity to highlight their data analysis skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources