Operations Analysts evaluate a company's policies, operations, and procedures, identify any shortcomings or opportunities for improvement, and develop and implement new projects to ensure optimal operational performance and output.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Operations Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for an Operations Analyst to evaluate our company's operations and make recommendations to improve operational efficiency. The Operations Analyst will be responsible for developing and implementing changes and new procedures based on the thorough review and analysis of our current policies, resources, operations, processes, and procedures.
To be successful as an Operations Analyst you should be able to analyze complex data sets, identify shortcomings or opportunities, and work with entry-level management and employees to implement changes. An outstanding Operations Analyst should be able to advise staff on all levels and develop new processes and workflows to enhance operations.
Operations Analyst Responsibilities:
- Identifying operational requirements and opportunities for improvement.
- Gathering information by observing workflows, reading company reports, conducting employee interviews, etc.
- Determining appropriate methods to analyze operations, relevant information, and data.
- Documenting findings, preparing reports, and making recommendations.
- Developing new processes and procedures to enhance operations.
- Working with managers and employees to implement changes.
- Training employees to use new systems or follow new processes.
- Determining the effectiveness of new processes.
- Establishing and maintaining quality standards.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
Operations Analyst Requirements:
- Degree in business administration or a related field required; Master's Degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as an Operations Analyst or in a similar position.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience using statistical and database software.
- Consulting and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong multitasking and time management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources