Staff Accountants work in the accounting department of a company or in accounting firms and perform a variety of duties such as maintaining the general ledger, reviewing financial statements, preparing financial reports, assisting with audits and budgeting processes, and reconciling accounts.
Post your job description to these sites when you're done.
Staff Accountant Job Description Template
We are looking for a diligent Staff Accountant to join our accounting department. The Staff Accountant's responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining accounts payable documentation. You will also be assisting the accounting manager as needed and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
To be successful as a Staff Accountant, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). An outstanding Staff Accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the accounting manager as needed.
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources