Interview Questions for Senior Accountants:
1. How do you stay up-to-date with tax laws and accounting standards?
Shows how the candidate maintains current industry knowledge.
2. What experience do you have in supporting and training junior accounting staff?
Reveals the candidate's experience and ability to support and train accounting staff.
3. Can you recall an accounting error you made and what you have done since to avoid making mistakes?
Demonstrates the ability to rectify problems and minimize the risk of making mistakes.
4. What experience do you have with the preparation of financial reports and projections?
Reveals specific work experience.
5. What type of accounting systems and programs have you worked with and which would you recommend?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of and experience with specific accounting systems and programs.