Senior Accountants perform a variety of accounting duties, such as preparing financial statements and reports, maintaining the general ledger, reconciling account discrepancies, assisting with budget and audit preparations, and preparing tax returns.
The most suitable candidate will have a solid grasp of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and superior Excel and organizational skills. Be wary of candidates who struggle to perform under pressure and require considerable supervision.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Senior Accountants:
1. How do you stay up-to-date with tax laws and accounting standards?
Shows how the candidate maintains current industry knowledge.
2. What experience do you have in supporting and training junior accounting staff?
Reveals the candidate's experience and ability to support and train accounting staff.
3. Can you recall an accounting error you made and what you have done since to avoid making mistakes?
Demonstrates the ability to rectify problems and minimize the risk of making mistakes.
4. What experience do you have with the preparation of financial reports and projections?
Reveals specific work experience.
5. What type of accounting systems and programs have you worked with and which would you recommend?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of and experience with specific accounting systems and programs.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources