Junior Accountants are trained financial professionals who provide support to businesses by managing daily accounting and financial tasks. They compile reports, and prepare, maintain and reconcile financial statements and other financial documents.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Junior Accountant Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Junior Accountant with an analytical mind and fantastic organizational skills. Junior Accountants are expected to be detail oriented, have strong problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, Junior Accountants should be critical thinkers, proficient in math and accurate with a solid understanding of account and financial reporting principles and practices. Top candidates will have outstanding report writing skills with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
Junior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Analyze financial information and prepare balance sheets.
- Coordinate with management and staff to prepare budgets.
- Ensure compliance with organizational guidelines and procedures, and federal and state regulations.
- Resolve account payable and receivable issues or queries.
- Accurately perform daily reconciliations of cash, check and credit card transactions, and tally and file invoices.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Assist in financial and tax audits, and general ledger preparation.
- Prepare income tax returns and corporate reporting requirements.
- Develop monthly financial statements that include cash flow, profit and loss statements, and balance sheets.
- Complete end of month close procedures.
Junior Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related (essential).
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) certificate (advantageous).
- 1 year of Accounting work experience (essential).
- Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Critical thinker with a high proficiency in math.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report writing, communication and IT skills.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages.