Interview Questions for Staff Accountants:
1. Can you recall an accounting error you made and what you have done since to avoid making mistakes?
Demonstrates the ability to rectify problems and minimize the risk of making mistakes.
2. What was the most challenging accounting task you have faced?
Reveals critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
3. What experience do you have with the preparation of financial reports and projections?
Reveals specific work experience.
4. How do you ensure the accuracy of the data you work with?
Reveals how the candidate verifies data and maintains strong attention to detail.
5. What type of accounting systems and programs have you worked with and which would you recommend?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of and experience with specific accounting systems and programs.