Sometimes known as Speech-language Pathologists, Speech Therapists prevent, diagnose, and treat speech, communication, and swallowing disorders. They work in healthcare or educational sectors, treating adults and children. Speech Therapists also help rehabilitate those who have experienced physical or psychological trauma.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Speech Therapist Job Description Template
We are searching for a flexible, resourceful Speech Therapist to join our team. The Speech Therapist's responsibilities include performing patient assessments, developing individual treatment plans, liaising with teachers, family members, and other healthcare professionals, administering therapy and monitoring progress, and ensuring patients and their families are informed of new treatments and therapy techniques. You should also be able to work with patients from different backgrounds and be willing to make house calls.
To be successful as a Speech Therapist, you should be passionate about social and biological science, language, and human anatomy. Exceptional Speech Therapists are caring, adaptable, and able to use available resources to find solutions.
Speech Therapist Responsibilities:
- Assessing, diagnosing, screening, and preventing language, speech, and swallowing disorders.
- Communicating with the patient, and liaising with their family members, physicians, and teachers to design effective treatment plans.
- Using tried and tested therapies in combination with new, innovative techniques to provide the best care.
- Keeping up-to-date with advancements in the field by attending conferences, conducting research, and expanding professional and academic networks.
- Educating patients and their families on speech disorders and available therapies.
- Taking detailed notes on patient history and progress.
- Providing mentoring and workshops to speech therapy students.
- Evaluating patient progress and implementing changes to therapy programs as required.
Speech Therapist Requirements:
- Master's degree in Speech Therapy or Speech-language Pathology.
- Relevant license and certification.
- Experience with certain disorders and age groups may be required.
- Sound understanding of speech-related disorders and treatments.
- Familiarity with database management software.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to conduct research and travel to conferences.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources