A Sommelier is a wine expert that creates wine lists that pair with food menus. Sommeliers create and update wine lists, make recommendations on food and wine pairings, and advise guests on wines based on their personal tastes.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Sommelier Job Description Template
We are looking for a Sommelier to oversee our wine menu and offer recommendations on the best pairings. The responsibilities of Sommeliers include supervising wine serving, collaborating with winemakers to upgrade selections, and providing wine recommendations to guests.
To be successful as a Sommelier, you should demonstrate a friendly personality, strong knowledge of food and wine pairings, and good interpersonal skills. Ultimately, a top-notch Sommelier should have an understanding of the wine making process, ability to create exquisite food and wine pairings, and be available for travel.
- Creating and updating wine lists with the Chefs and Manager.
- Making recommendations on food and wine pairings.
- Ensuring that the wine cellar is fully stocked.
- Informing guests on the variety of wines available.
- Training wait staff on available wines.
- Negotiating prices with vendors.
- Organizing wine tasting events.
- Complying with health and safety regulations.
- Certification as a Sommelier or a Degree in Hospitality is beneficial.
- Previous experience as a Sommelier, Wine Steward, or in a Hospitality role.
- Extensive knowledge on wines and regions of the different types.
- Knowledge of local vineyards and wineries.
- An understanding of the wine making process.
- Available to work long hours, weekends, and travel.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources