A Software Tester is responsible for designing test scenarios for software usability, running these tests, and preparing reports on the effectiveness and defects to the production team. A Software Tester is also known as a Software Test Engineer or a Quality Assurance (QA) Tester.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Software Tester Job Description Template
We are looking for a results-driven Software Tester to be responsible for designing and running tests on software usability. The Software Tester will conduct tests, analyze the results, and report observations to the design team. You may also interact with clients in order to understand the requirements of the product.
To be successful as a Software Tester, you should have a working knowledge of software and test design, the capability to run through tests, and the ability to analyze the results. Ultimately, the Software Tester should be result-driven, have good communication skills, and up-to-date knowledge of software programming and software test design.
Software Tester Responsibilities:
- Reviewing software requirements and preparing test scenarios.
- Executing tests on software usability.
- Analyzing test results on database impacts, errors or bugs, and usability.
- Preparing reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and reporting to the design team.
- Interacting with clients to understand product requirements.
- Participating in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design, and potential problems.
Software Tester Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Up-to-date knowledge of software test design and testing methodologies.
- Working knowledge of test techniques and compatibility with various software programs.
- Working knowledge of programming.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
- Good organizational skills and detail-oriented mindset.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources