Also known as Software Test Engineers or Quality Assurance (QA) Testers, Software Testers are responsible for the testing of software programs for usability. Software Testers design and implement tests, and analyze and report the results to the design team.
When interviewing Software Testers, look for candidates who demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of software design and testing methodologies. Take note of candidates who lack team working skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Software Testers:
1. How would you react if a developer disagreed with your test results?
Look for candidates who demonstrate good interpersonal skills, as well as sound knowledge of software design and testing to back up their results.
2. What do you do to remain up-to-date with technology trends?
Demonstrates candidates' organizational skills and working knowledge of software design and testing.
3. What kind of test would you use to validate the internal code structure?
Look for candidates who demonstrate a working knowledge of test compatability with different expected outcomes.
4. How would you design a test strategy?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of testing methodologies.
5. What would you do if a difficult client complained about the usability of a product, yet your tests found no bugs or errors?
Look for candidates who demonstrate interpersonal and critical thinking skills. Be wary of candidates who would not repeat tests or design new tests, and display poor interpersonal skills when dealing with a difficult client.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources