Skilled Laborers have acquired skills and completed training in construction-related jobs. Some responsibilities include ensuring sites are safe and clean, drilling, mixing asphalt, and completing plumbing and electrical installations. They may be required to perform on-the-job training.
When interviewing Skilled Laborers, the best candidates should be able to follow instructions and demonstrate a willingness to learn. Be wary of candidates who find it difficult to focus and display poor knowledge of safety procedures.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Skilled Laborers:
1. Can you tell me about the type of apprenticeships you have completed?
Reveals experience, level of skill, and commitment to excellence.
2. Describe a time you made a mistake on the job. What did you learn from this?
Reveals level of accountability, willingness to learn, as well as problem-solving skills.
3. What do you do if it looks like you will not be able to meet a deadline?
Tests time management and communication skills, as well as the willingness to ask for help.
4. What new skills have you learned in the past year?
Demonstrates commitment to learning and improvement.
5. What would you regard as the most important trait of a skilled laborer?
Demonstrates understanding of the job and highlights potential weak areas.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources