General Laborers perform a variety of manual tasks such as using power tools, operating construction vehicles and hauling goods.
When interviewing General Laborers the ideal candidate will be strong and have the stamina to perform manual tasks. Be wary of candidates with low energy levels and poor coordination skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for General Laborers:
1. Describe some of the equipment or facilities you’ve worked with in the past.
Reveals more about work history.
2. If several machines breakdown at once, which one would you repair first? Why?
Demonstrates time management skills.
3. Have you ever been in a situation where the supervisor was unhappy with your work? What did you learn from the situation?
Reveals more about the candidate's work ethic, attitude, performance, and skills.
4. Where did you show the ability to be safety-minded in previous positions?
It is essential for a General Laborer to be safety-minded when they work on elevated surfaces, pack goods on shelves, operate equipment and perform other duties. The candidate needs to convince you they can perform their duties safely.
5. Tell us about a time when you disagreed with a team member about how to perform a certain task. How did you handle the situation?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication skills and their ability to work in a team.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources