Site Engineers work chiefly on construction projects. They form part of construction management and use their skills and expertise to guide crew members and ensure the successful completion of a project. Site Engineers frequently liaise with clients and negotiate with vendors and suppliers to secure the best deals.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Site Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for a well-organized Site Engineer with strong leadership skills to join our growing team. The Site Engineer's responsibilities include managing different parts of construction projects, supervising crew members, preparing estimates for time and material costs, completing quality assurance, observing health and safety standards, and compiling reports for different stakeholders. You should be able to work alongside various professionals and create work schedules that meet deadlines.
To be successful as a Site Engineer, you should demonstrate strong analytical and logical thinking skills. Oustanding candidates should display a superb work ethic and thrive under pressure.
Site Engineer Responsibilities:
- Organizing materials and ensuring sites are safe and clean.
- Preparing cost estimates and ensuring appropriate materials and tools are available.
- Providing technical advice and suggestions for improvement on particular projects.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment as required.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to ensure the best contracts.
- Authorizing technical drawings and engineering plans.
- Drawing up work schedules and communicating any adjustments to crew members and clients.
- Gathering data, compiling reports, and delivering presentations to relevant stakeholders.
- Delegating tasks and scheduling meetings and training sessions where required.
- Completing quality assurance and providing feedback to the team.
Site Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction or similar.
- A driver's license.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Additional certificates or licenses may be required.
- Sound knowledge of Engineering, construction, and design.
- Great leadership and organizational skills.
- Superb project management skills.
- Ability to apply logical and critical thinking skills to projects.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to learn.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources