Site Engineers typically handle construction projects. They fill a managerial role, using their skills and expertise to lead crew members and ensure the safe and efficient completion of projects. Site Engineers liaise with other professionals and clients and supervise subcontractors. They are also responsible for various administrative duties.
When interviewing Site Engineers, the best candidates are keen problem-solvers with an exceptional work ethic. Be wary of candidates who lack organizational skills and attention to detail.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Site Engineers:
1. Can you describe a time when you successfully managed a team?
Tests project management, interpersonal, as well as leadership skills.
2. How do you ensure you maintain a strong network of vendors and suppliers?
Tests interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Can you describe a time you were unable to meet a deadline? How did this go?
Demonstrates time management, level of accountability, and effective communication.
4. Can you describe a time you resolved an argument with a coworker?
Tests interpersonal skills and conflict resolution.
5. Describe a time when a coworker was hurt onsite. How did you handle this?
Demonstrates knowledge of health and safety regulations, and tests the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources