Shipping Clerk Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized shipping clerk with attention to detail. The shipping clerk is responsible for recording shipping orders on the computer system, labeling items and packing items into containers for shipping.
To be successful as a shipping clerk, you must be able to multitask. A good shipping clerk ensures that all items are packed, labeled and recorded appropriately in preparation for transport.
Shipping Clerk Responsibilities:
- Record order details on the computer system.
- Pack items into containers for shipping.
- Label package with all vital information.
- Monitor inventory and order more units as needed.
- Keep the warehouse clean and neat.
Shipping Clerk Requirements:
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- Prior experience in retail, manufacturing or a relevant field.
- Flexible work hours.
- Ability to lift items and containers.
- Ability to operate warehouse vehicles such as forklifts.
- Ability to multitask.