Shipping Clerks ensure that items are transported to the correct location by recording the details of the shipment, labeling items and packing items into appropriate shipping containers. The Shipping Clerk also contacts courier services to carry out deliveries.
When interviewing Shipping Clerks, the ideal candidate should have excellent attention to detail. Be wary of candidates who cannot multitask successfully.
Interview Questions for Shipping Clerks:
1. What measures would you take to prevent stock losses in our warehouse?
The candidate will show their ability to maximize your profits in their answer.
2. Can you describe a time when you implemented a new stock organizational method in warehouse management?
Look for candidates who demonstrate creative-thinking skills, as well as organizational skills.
3. How would you document shipment details?
Look for candidates who demonstrate knowledge of warehouse logistics software. Take note of candidates who show a lack of organizational skills.
4. How would you handle a lost shipment?
Demonstrates candidates' critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
5. How did you show the ability to be safety-minded in previous positions?
It is essential for a Shipping Clerk to be safety-minded when they work on elevated surfaces, pack goods on shelves, operate equipment and perform other duties. The candidate needs to convince you they can perform their duties safely.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources