Interview Questions for Shipping Clerks:
1. What measures would you take to prevent stock losses in our warehouse?
The candidate will show their ability to maximize your profits in their answer.
2. Can you describe a time when you implemented a new stock organizational method in warehouse management?
Look for candidates who demonstrate creative-thinking skills, as well as organizational skills.
3. How would you document shipment details?
Look for candidates who demonstrate knowledge of warehouse logistics software. Take note of candidates who show a lack of organizational skills.
4. How would you handle a lost shipment?
Demonstrates candidates' critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
5. How did you show the ability to be safety-minded in previous positions?
It is essential for a shipping clerk to be safety-minded when they work on elevated surfaces, pack goods on shelves, operate equipment and perform other duties. The candidate needs to convince you they can perform their duties safely.