Shift Supervisor Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized shift supervisor to oversee operations and assign tasks to staff. The shift supervisor is responsible for enforcing health and safety regulations and ensuring that products meet the company's standards.
To be successful as a shift supervisor you must be able to multitask. A great shift supervisor ensures that all tasks are running smoothly and on time, and that end products are of acceptable quality.
Shift Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Assign staff members to shifts.
- Assign tasks to staff members.
- Supervise staff to ensure that tasks are completed on time and according to safety laws.
- Order materials needed for production.
- Open up or close the warehouse at the start and end of the day.
- Evaluate staff performance and provide training where necessary.
- Resolve workplace disputes.
Shift Supervisor Requirements:
- A degree in business management or a related field.
- Experience working in manufacturing in a managerial role.
- Natural leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety protocols.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to multitask.