Interview Questions for Shift Supervisors:
1. Describe a situation when you dealt with a difficult employee.
Shows the candidate's managerial experience and the ability to discipline employees.
2. There is a shortage of supplies and you have an upcoming production deadline. How would you handle this situation?
Tests the candidate’s problem-solving skills.
3. If an employee was struggling to meet deadlines, how would you help them?
Tests coaching skills.
4. How would you ensure your staff remains motivated during stressful shifts?
Tests the candidate’s leadership and management skills.
5. An employee lets you know that they will not be coming in just before the start of their shift. How would you resolve this situation?
Tests the candidate's interpersonal and problem-solving skills.