Also known as a Shift leader, Shift Managers oversee staff and restaurant operations in place of the manager. The Shift Manager is responsible for managing inventory, resolving complaints from customers and balancing the cash register at the end of shifts.
When interviewing Shift Managers, the ideal candidate should be organized and have excellent time management skills. Be wary of candidates with little experience in the restaurant industry.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Shift Managers:
1. Describe a situation when you dealt with a difficult employee.
Shows the candidate's managerial experience and the ability to discipline employees.
2. There is a shortage in supplies and you’re expecting a large group of diners. How would you handle this situation?
Tests the candidate’s problem-solving skills.
3. Which important kitchen safety rules are implemented to protect the kitchen staff?
Highlights the candidate’s knowledge of health and safety regulations.
4. How would you ensure your staff remains motivated during stressful shifts?
Tests the candidate’s leadership and management skills.
5. An employee lets you know that they will not be coming in just before the start of their shift. How would you resolve this situation?
Tests the candidate's interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources