Senior Financial Analysts perform a variety of financial activities including budgeting, forecasting, building financial models, assisting with financial planning, performing research and analysis, preparing reports, and assisting with close processes.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Senior Financial Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented and strategically minded Senior Financial Analyst to join our finance team. The Senior Financial Analyst's responsibilities include assisting with financial planning and budgeting processes, analyzing financial statements and reports, developing financial models, preparing projections, and performing research and analysis as may be required by leadership. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will also be responsible for providing project teams with financial guidance and assisting with monthly close processes.
To be successful as a Senior Financial Analyst, you should be able to perform a variety of financial activities including planning, analysis, budgeting, and reporting. You should also have strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills and be able to present financial information and models in a concise and easily comprehensible manner.
Senior Financial Analyst Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and analyzing financial statements and reports.
- Tracking KPIs and preparing financial reports.
- Assisting with budgeting and monthly close processes.
- Understanding key business drivers.
- Assisting project teams with financial guidance.
- Developing financial projections and building financial models.
- Performing research and analysis as required.
- Ensuring compliance with financial guidelines, company policies, and relevant legal regulations.
Senior Financial Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in financial planning, analysis, and modeling.
- Ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience.
- Working knowledge of financial strategies.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP, Oracle, or related financial systems.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources