Senior Electrical Engineers design, develop, upgrade, test, and monitor electrical components and machinery. They supervise other engineers, generate detailed drawings, compile reports, and mentor new apprentices. They also conduct research and participate in ongoing learning.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Senior Electrical Engineer Job Description Template
We are searching for a dependable Senior Electrical Engineer to join our company. The Senior Electrical Engineer’s responsibilities include analyzing existing electrical systems and making cost-effective improvements, conducting research, designing testing methods, completing quality assurance, inspecting the equipment, running diagnostics, as well as training new hires. You should ensure projects are completed on time and to specifications.
To be successful as a Senior Electrical Engineer, you should demonstrate strong leadership abilities and organizational skills. Outstanding Senior Electrical Engineers are passionate about engineering developments and able to efficiently troubleshoot systems.
Senior Electrical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Developing, reviewing, updating, modifying, and approving electrical design plans and work schedules.
- Liaising with clients and other engineers to ensure projects are completed to specifications.
- Establishing relationships with clients, vendors, suppliers, other professionals, and expanding networks.
- Maintaining and improving existing engineering processes.
- Participating in conferences, events, and networking and learning opportunities.
- Drawing up budgets, schedules, company regulations, and various other documents.
- Analyzing existing processes and scheduling meetings to discuss improvement initiatives.
- Conducting research, performing diagnostics, and troubleshooting equipment.
- Assisting with recruitment, training, and onboarding.
- Ensuring a safe, positive work environment.
Senior Electrical Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Master's degree preferable.
- Extensive practical experience.
- Additional license or certification may be required.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Practical experience with CAD software.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Excellent motivational skills and multitasking abilities.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources