Senior Electrical Engineers design, develop, maintain, inspect, and evaluate electrical components and machinery. They lead engineering teams, prepare drawings, write reports, and train new engineers. They also participate in ongoing education.
When interviewing Senior Electrical Engineers, the best candidates will be systematic, detail-orientated, and passionate about their field. Avoid candidates who lack observational, diagnostic, and leadership skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Senior Electrical Engineers:
1. Describe a time you were unable to diagnose a problem. What happened?
Tests level of expertise and accountability, as well as problem-solving skills and willingness to ask for help.
2. What are your most successful strategies for sticking to budgets?
Tests resource management, as well as planning and organizational skills.
3. Describe a time when your leadership skills were scrutinized. What happened?
Demonstrates leadership abilities, problem-solving, as well as active listening skills.
4. Can you describe a time when you successfully taught a skill to an apprentice?
Reveals knowledge of Electrical Engineering, and tests mentorship abilities as well as patience.
5. How do you ensure you keep abreast of the latest field developments?
Demonstrates commitment to ongoing learning and dedication to excellence.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources