Biomedical Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for an inventive Biomedical Engineer to join our team, in order to develop pioneering biomedical technology. Your responsibilities will include working closely with professionals such as life scientists, chemists, and medical scientists to research the engineering aspects of biological systems. Your expertise in both engineering and biology will enable you to develop technological solutions to complex medical problems.
To be successful as a Biomedical Engineer you must be able to develop advanced healthcare technology and be able to advise others on how to use the technology effectively.
Biomedical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Designing and creating biomedical technology such as artificial internal organs and body parts, machines, equipment, and software that can be used for diagnosing and treating medical problems.
- Installing and calibrating biomedical machines, equipment, and software.
- Evaluating the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical machines, equipment, and software.
- Maintaining and repairing biomedical machines and equipment, when needed.
- Providing technical support, when needed.
- Keeping up-to-date service histories on all biomedical machines and equipment.
- Training clinicians and other personnel on how to use biomedical machines and equipment, safely and effectively.
- Researching new materials, technologies, and engineering aspects of biological processes and systems.
- Writing reports and documents detailing protocols, policies, standards of use, maintenance, and repairs of biomedical equipment, machines, and software.
- Disseminating knowledge about the biomedical engineering field through writing, teaching, or consulting.
Biomedical Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering, biomedical science, or a related field.
- Professional Licensed Engineer (P.E.) with the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES).
- Proven experience working within the field of biomedical engineering.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Great eye for design and the technical ability to transform designs into products.
- Exceptional team-working and communication skills.