Senior Civil Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly capable senior civil engineer to manage our construction projects. You will be conducting land surveys, allocating resources, supervising multidisciplinary construction teams, and inspecting completed construction projects.
To ensure success as a senior civil engineer, you should possess extensive experience in managing large construction projects and the ability to ensure adherence to construction specifications and standards. An outstanding senior civil engineer will be someone whose expertise results in construction projects that are completed within budget and on time.
Senior Civil Engineer Responsibilities:
- Managing the planning and design stages of civil engineering projects.
- Performing due diligence on the impact and feasibility of new construction sites.
- Overseeing all project stages from preliminary layouts to final engineering designs.
- Surveying new construction sites and assessing existing structures for upgrades.
- Designing and recommending improvements to computer-aided design (CAD) software drawings and schematics.
- Performing cost estimations and preparing project budgets.
- Preparing work schedules and allocating resources, as well as supervising junior engineers, construction managers, workers, technicians, and contractors.
- Ensuring that civil engineering projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Inspecting completed projects for compliance with industry codes, specifications, and safety standards.
- Documenting processes and presenting project progress updates to senior managers and clients.
Senior Civil Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering.
- State-licensed and certified civil engineer.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working as a senior civil engineer on similar projects.
- Proficiency in civil engineering project management software, such as Civil 3D and CityEngine, as well as CAD.
- In-depth knowledge of civil engineering and construction specifications, standards, and codes.
- Great leadership, project management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Superb mathematical, time-management, and organizational abilities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Availability to perform construction site visits outside of business hours, when relevant.