Structural Engineers design structures that must endure stresses and pressures inflicted through human use and environmental conditions. They configure structures, choose appropriate building material, inspect the construction work and ensure the structural soundness of buildings and structures.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Structural Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Structural Engineer with excellent mathematical, IT and analytical skills. Structural Engineers are expected to be detail oriented, creative and possess amazing problem solving skills.
To ensure success, Structural Engineers should display an investigative nature and must be accurate, commercially aware and have great communication skills with a keen interest in ensuring the safety and physical integrity of buildings and other large structures. Top candidates will have fantastic project and budget management skills with great knowledge of construction processes, materials and legal regulations.
Structural Engineer Responsibilities:
- Prepare reports, designs and drawings.
- Make calculations about pressures, loads and stresses.
- Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately.
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction.
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval.
- Analyze configurations of the basic components of a structure.
- Liaise with professional staff such as architects and engineers.
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness.
- Administer contracts and manage projects.
- Inspect properties to evaluate the conditions and foundations.
- Use computer aided design technology for simulation purposes.
Structural Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (essential).
- 6 years of work experience as a Structural Engineer (essential).
- Professionally registered with the Institute of Structural Engineers.
- Expert experience in project management.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations.
- Sound understanding of physics and mathematics.
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
- Three-dimensional conceptual skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.