Senior Account Executives are responsible for growing company revenue by effectively managing existing customer accounts and convincing new customers to purchase company products or services. They lead a team of Account Executives, develop effective sales proposals, and solicit customer feedback.
Senior Account Executive Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a dedicated and experienced Senior Account Executive to oversee the activities of our Account Executives and manage our customer accounts. The Senior Account Executive’s responsibilities include building and maintaining a sales pipeline with a high conversation rate, attending sales meetings to provide progress updates, and researching industry trends. You should also be able to identify new sales opportunities through networking initiatives and customer referrals.
To be successful as a Senior Account Executive, you should be adept at analyzing sales performance metrics and negotiating contracts. Ultimately, an exceptional Senior Account Executive should demonstrate excellent communication, management, and customer service skills at all times.
Senior Account Executive Responsibilities:
- Overseeing a team of Account Executives to ensure that sales objectives are achieved.
- Setting reasonable sales quotas to be achieved by the sales team.
- Developing long-lasting relationships with new customers.
- Managing existing customer accounts by ensuring that existing customers remain satisfied with company products and services.
- Developing and implementing effective account plans to retain existing customers.
- Identifying customer needs and communicating how company products and services fulfill those needs.
- Developing solid sales proposals to convince potential and existing customers to purchase company products and services.
- Collecting customer feedback to determine product and service shortfalls.
Senior Account Executive Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or Management, or related field.
- Proven experience working as a Senior Account Executive.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Outstanding negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources