An SDET, otherwise known as a Software Development Engineer in Test or Software Design Engineer in Test, takes part equally in software development and testing processes. The SDET mostly works in the IT, gaming, advertising, entertainment, financial, or hospitality sectors and focuses on the testability, robustness, and performance of software development.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
SDET Job Description Template
We are looking for a meticulous SDET to contribute to and review the creation of designs for production software. The SDET's responsibilities include both software development and testing tasks and focuses on the testability, robustness, and performance of production software. As such, an SDET is a test professional with advanced programming skills who can create automation testing tools and frameworks to assist the manual testing process.
To be successful as an SDET, you should have excellent time management and organizational skills as well as strong communication skills. You should have a passion for designing, development, and testing and the ability to upgrade your technical skills within the constantly changing technology sector.
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Understanding project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Investigating customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports.
- Handling technical communications and understanding the customers' systems.
- Working with deployments teams, resolving level issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Noting all testing actions you have performed in daily and weekly reports.
- Analyzing and disintegrating software systems and coordinating with other teams to enhance the overall design.
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
- Managing the final quality on production release.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent designing and programming skills.
- Knowledge of programming languages and process management methodology.
- Knowledge of test methodologies and their corresponding tools.
- Exposure to Behaviour Driven Development and experience in programming and testing.
- The ability to recognize risks and errors in an application.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to keep current with the constantly changing technology industry.
- A passion for testing, development, and design.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources