SDET stands for Software Development Engineer in Test or Software Design Engineer in Test. Mostly working in the IT, gaming, advertising, entertainment, financial, or hospitality sectors, SDETs play a role in both software development and software testing, focusing on the testability, robustness, and performance of software development.
When interviewing SDETs, look for candidates who demonstrate a strong understanding and knowledge of programming languages and test methodologies. Take note of candidates who lack good time management and organizational skills.
Interview Questions for SDETs:
1. What information would you put into a good bug report while maintaining its readability?
Demonstrates candidates' written and verbal communication skills and their ability to convey technical terms to possibly non-technical staff members.
2. When would you say a product is ready to ship?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of testing processes as well as their quality management skills.
3. What are your top two programming languages and why?
Demonstrates candidates' experience and knowledge.
4. What do you think is the most important thing to look for when reviewing a team member's code?
Demonstrates candidates' teamworking and problem-solving skills.
5. What methods do you use to ensure clear and efficient communication with a customer?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal and communication skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources