School Administrators fill leadership roles at academic institutions. They may be principals, vice principals, or work in admissions or student affairs. School Administrators prepare class schedules, ensure curriculum standardization, as well as proper budget allocation.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
School Administrator Job Description Template
We are searching for a trustworthy and personable School Administrator to join our learning institution. The School Administrator’s responsibilities include handling all allocated tasks, answering questions and queries, understanding the school’s policies, assisting with the recruitment of new staff members, and communicating with parents, teachers, and students as required. You should be able to take charge of your department and provide the necessary supervision.
To be successful as a School Administrator, you should be detail-oriented without losing sight of the bigger picture. Outstanding candidates have the capacity to handle multiple responsibilities and don't lose their nerve under pressure.
School Administrator Responsibilities:
- Understanding and reviewing the way the school and all its departments function.
- Taking into account each teacher’s workload and extracurricular activities when developing class schedules.
- Conducting research on professional and ongoing learning workshops and sharing these opportunities with teachers and other staff.
- Attending meetings and scheduling appropriate staff team building sessions.
- Ensuring fair allocation of budget and resources.
- Keeping track of student successes and failures and preparing appropriate interventions.
- Managing school security, caretakers, and other ground staff.
- Assisting with the hiring, recruitment, training, and onboarding of new teachers.
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with parents, students, and staff at other schools.
- Preparing and submitting drafts of proposals, financial reports, and other documents.
School Administrator Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Relevant license and certification may be required.
- Extensive teaching or school administration experience may be required.
- Knowledge of and practical experience with the relevant software.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, management, and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as the ability to remain professional.
- A willingness to work overtime.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources