Interview Questions for School Resource Officers:
1. What methods would you use to de-escalate an argument?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills. Take note of candidates who lack the skill to diffuse arguments.
2. Can you describe an incident when you used force in an emergency situation? How did you resolve the issue?
Demonstrates candidates' experience and ability to work in stressful situations.
3. What characteristics make you a good law enforcement role model for children?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal skills, character, and the ability to interact with children in a positive way.
4. What methods would you use to lessen or prevent bullying in the school?
Demonstrates candidates' problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
5. Under what circumstances would you initiate a search of a student's private property?
Demonstrates candidates' law enforcement knowledge and analytical skills.