Police Officer Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated police officer to perform a variety of law enforcement duties and maintain public safety. The police officer's responsibilities will include patrolling assigned areas, responding to calls, investigating diverse incidents, arresting suspects, and preparing incident reports.
To be successful as a police officer you should be in good physical condition to pursue suspects and able to remain level-headed in stressful and dangerous situations. An outstanding Police Officer should be intuitive and able to exercise sound judgment.
Police Officer Responsibilities:
- Enforcing local, state, and federal laws.
- Patrolling assigned geographic zones and responding to calls.
- Apprehending and transporting suspects.
- Interviewing victims, witnesses, and suspects.
- Gathering and logging evidence.
- Writing citations, delivering warrants, and testifying in court.
- Preparing and providing accurate reports documenting incidents and activities.
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Preventing and investigating illegal activities, domestic disturbances, accidents, etc.
Police Officer Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Police training academy graduate.
- Degree education preferred.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal laws.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to remain calm and exercise good judgment.
- Good physical condition.
- Team player.